by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
While many fantasy owners often overlook their kicker, don’t make that mistake. They could ultimately decide your matchup, so let’s take a look at the options for Week 4:
- Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – vs. Philadelphia
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Atlanta
- Garrett Hartley – New Orleans Saints – vs. Miami
- Alex Henery – Philadelphia Eagles – at Denver
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Pittsburgh
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – at San Diego
- Caleb Sturgis – Miami Dolphins – at New Orleans
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. Washington
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Buffalo
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – vs. New York Jets
- Jay Feely – Arizona Cardinals – at Tampa Bay
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Detroit
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – at Houston
- Ryan Succop – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. New York Giants
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. New England
- The Buffalo Bills own a defense that has been thrashed of late, and among the poor numbers has been 8 field goals allowed (second most in the league). Justin Tucker gets to take his turn against them this week, making him a solid option in all formats.
- There are only two kickers in the league to connect twice from 50+ yards, Blair Walsh and Caleb Sturgis. The latter hasn’t gotten much attention, yet, but he’s made six field goals and also converted eight extra points. With the potential for a shootout against the Saints, or at least the need for the Dolphins to try and keep up, Sturgis should get a little boost.
- Alex Henery is one of the better kickers in the league. Kicking in Denver? He’s that much more appealing.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 4 Rankings: