by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Injuries have not been a factor, at least not yet, but that doesn’t mean there haven’t been some minor changes to our quarterback rankings. With drafts/auctions right around the corner, it’s worth taking the time to give an update on where we stand:
- Peyton Manning – Denver Broncos
- Drew Brees – New Orleans Saints
- Aaron Rodgers – Green Bay Packers
- Matthew Stafford – Detroit Lions
- Andrew Luck – Indianapolis Colts
- Robert Griffin III – Washington Redskins
- Colin Kaepernick – San Francisco 49ers
- Cam Newton – Carolina Panthers
- Tom Brady – New England Patriots
- Matt Ryan – Atlanta Falcons
- Russell Wilson – Seattle Seahawks
- Nick Foles – Philadelphia Eagles
- Jay Cutler – Chicago Bears
- Tony Romo – Dallas Cowboys
- Andy Dalton – Cincinnati Bengals
- Is there any question who the Top 5 quarterbacks in the league are? While you could argue the order, there’s a clear top class with everyone else chasing them.
- All indications are that Tony Romo is healthy heading into the season. That doesn’t mean that we don’t have our concerns, which does keep him from reaching into the Top 12 and makes him more suitable as a high-end QB2. However if he stays healthy we all know that he could produce like a Top 10 option.
- I’ve voiced my concerns about Nick Foles before (click here to view the full article), but it is definitely worth repeating. Remember, what Foles did last season was elite (27 TD vs. 2 INT) and is highly unlikely to be repeated (especially when you consider that he was averaging just 267.4 passing yards per game in December). We also can’t ignore the loss of Desean Jackson. That’s not to say that the team doesn’t have ample weapons, but they need someone to step up and stretch the field.
- After disappointing in 2013 is Robert Griffin III primed to bounce back in a big way in 2014? Assuming his knee injury is behind him, when coupled with the addition of weapons, you have to like his chances.
- Jay Cutler just missed cracking our Top 12, but with Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall at his disposal would anyone really be “upset” having to settle for him? The problem is his health and if he can stay on the field for all 16 games.
*** Make sure to pre-order Rotoprofessor’s 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide!! The guide comes complete with projections of over 350 players, expended rankings, sleepers, and so much more (including constant updates up until opening day). For just $6 you will get everything you need to dominate your fantasy league and one lucky subscriber will win a free autographed Brett Favre 8×10! For more information and to place your order, click here. ***
Make sure to check out all of our 2014 rankings: