by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 3? Let’s take a look:
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Kansas City
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. New Orleans
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Tampa Bay
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – vs. Jacksonville
- Cody Parkey – Philadelphia Eagles – at San Francisco
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Tennessee
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – at Baltimore
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Minnesota
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – vs. Detroit
- Dan Carpenter – Buffalo Bills – at Houston
- Caleb Sturgis – Miami Dolphins – at Oakland
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Carolina
- Kai Forbath – Washington Redskins– vs. New York Giants
- Ryan Succop – Tennessee Titans – at Indianapolis
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at Chicago
- The struggles of New England’s offense has led to more field goal attempts for Stephen Gostkowski. He’s connected on 8 fields goals over the first three games, including 4 of 40+ yards. Considered one of the best in the league, it’s hard not to like him this week regardless of the state of New England’s offense as a whole.
- Cody Parkey has gotten his career off to a good start, with 8 field goals and 11 extra points over the first three weeks. Obviously having a high-powered offense behind him helps, but he could be knocked down a few pegs against the 49ers this week. Then again, against a tough defense, could they have to settle for a few more field goals? He’s already emerged as a potential Top 10 option on a weekly basis.
- Miami’s offense has stumbled a bit, partly due to poor QB play, but Caleb Sturgis has connected on 7 field goals and draws a matchup against the Raiders. We all know how bad they are, and they’ve already allowed 8 field goals on the season. He’s not a high level option, but a viable one all the same.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 4 rankings: