by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 5? Let’s take a look:
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburg Steelers – at Jacksonville
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Houston
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – vs. New York Jets
- Cody Parkey – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. St. Louis
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Cincinnati
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – vs. Chicago
- Alex Henery – Detroit Lions – vs. Buffalo
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Baltimore
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Indianapolis
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – at Green Bay
- Greg Zuerlein – St. Louis Rams – at Philadelphia
- Chandler Catanzaro – Arizona Cardinals – at Denver
- Phil Dawson – San Francisco 49ers – vs. Kansas City
- Shayne Graham – New Orleans Saints – vs. Tampa Bay
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Minnesota
- While the Houston Texans have allowed just 4 field goals over the first four weeks, does anyone truly believe that Dan Bailey won’t make an impact? He’s connected on 4 field goals from 40-49 yards and another 2 from 50+ (8 field goals total), as well as 13 extra points. Matchup or not, he’s going to be one of the better options.
- The Panthers struggles to find the end zone help to hurt Graham Gano’s appeal (only 5 extra points). That said, he’s connected on 8 field goals and draws a Bears defense that has already yielded 10 field goals.
- It didn’t take long for the Lions to become comfortable with Alex Henery, allowing him to attempt of 50+ yard field goals. Kicking inside and against the Bills (8 field goals allowed), he’s immediately a trustworthy option.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 5 rankings: