We finish up our preliminary weekly rankings with a look at the Top 15 defenses for Week Eight. This week the top of the rankings are filled with home teams, something that is more usual than last week’s rankings. Let’s take a look at how things shape up:
- San Diego Chargers – vs. Oakland
- Indianapolis Colts – vs. San Francisco
- Chicago Bears – vs. Cleveland
- Dallas Cowboys – vs. Seattle
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. Carolina
- St. Louis Rams – at Detroit
- New Orleans Saints – vs. Atlanta
- Minnesota Vikings – at Green Bay
- Green Bay Packers – vs. Minnesota
- Philadelphia Eagles – vs. New York Giants
- Miami Dolphins – at New York Jets
- Denver Broncos – at Baltimore
- Buffalo Bills – vs. Houston
- New York Jets – vs. Miami
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Denver
- The Chargers defense has been far from dominant so far this season, but this is just how bad the Raiders really are. It’s almost a given that whatever defense faces them finds themselves in the Top 5 for the week.
- It was a big revival for the 49ers in the second half, but we’ll soon find out if Alex Smith is for real or a one-week wonder. The Colts defense has allowed the second fewest points in the league, so it’ll certainly be a tough test.
- If Calvin Johnson is able to play, the Rams defense is going to likely take a step or two down.
- Minnesota leads the league in sacks with 24, so while they may give up some points against the Packers they still have the chance to produce.
- If Andre Johnson is out, the Bills have an even better chance of shutting down the Texans. For now they fall just outside the Top 12, but with plenty of upside potential.
What are your thoughts? Who was left off the list? Who should be higher? Who should be lower?
Other Week 8 Rankings:
- Quarterbacks (Updated October 30)
- Running Backs (Updated October 29)
- Wide Receivers (Updated October 30)
- Tight Ends
Make sure to check out our baseball site by clicking here.