by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 7? Let’s take a look:
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. New York Giants
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. New York Jets
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Atlanta
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Cincinnati
- Phil Dawson – San Francisco 49ers – at Denver
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Baltimore
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chiefs – vs. Kansas City
- Chandler Catanzaro – Arizona Cardinals – at Oakland
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Houston
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – at Buffalo
- Dan Carpenter – Buffalo Bills – vs. Minnesota
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – at Indianapolis
- Randy Bullock – Houston Texans – at Pittsburgh
- Caleb Sturgis – Miami Dolphins – at Chicago
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Carolina
- Justin Tucker has connected on 13 field goals, as well as 17 extra points. Taking on an Atlanta defense that has yielded 12 goals and 16 extra points, there’s an awful lot to like. While Baltimore isn’t going to score 48 points again, they definitely have the potential to rack up the points once again.
- Brandon McManus won the Broncos’ kicking job, but he hasn’t been given many opportunities as of yet (6 of 7). Kicking in Denver or not, the 49ers are one of the tougher defenses in the league and he could easily continue settling for extra points.
- It’s easy to overlook Chandler Catanzaro, but he’s already connected on 14 field goals and you figure that the offense is only going to get better thanks to the return of Carson Palmer. Throw in a matchup against the Oakland Raiders and there’s a lot to like from the under-the-radar option.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have allowed 14 field goals this season so it’s hard not to like Randy Bullock (9 field goals made, including two from 50+ yards). While he’s hardly a must start option, as a bye week fill-in he’s worth considering.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 7 rankings: