A few notes to kick off things this morning:
- According to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News (click here for the post), with the Rangers Triple A affiliate finishing up their run through the playoffs, the Rangers have added Brian Gordon (P), Wes Littleton (P), Max Ramirez (C) and Travis Metcalf (3B). To me, Ramirez has the most potential but time will tell how much playing time he will get with Taylor Teagarden playing well.
- Bart Hubbach of The New York Post (click here for the post) is reporting that Damion Easley is “sidelined indefinitely by a strained right quadriceps muscle”. It was looking like he could emerge as a useful middle infielder, but at this point he is not worth owning in all formats.
- In an article by Paul Kenyon of The Providence Journal (click here for the article) Julio Lugo is quoted as saying “I’m not at the point where I’ve turned the corner yet, but the last four days I’ve felt more comfortable running. Probably this week is when I’ll tell if I can push it hard to where I can play”. It’s still not known if he will return this season, but he’s not worth owning at this point even if he does.
- Yadier Molina thought he was ready to return to the line-up, but after suffering from “tightness in his left thigh, a problem related to the deep contusion he received Wednesday in a collision at the plate” he left the game, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (click here for the article). I’d keep him on your bench in all formats at this point.
- The Miami Herald has a few articles worth mentioning:
- At this link they are reporting that Carl Pavano left yesterday’s game “with an apparent left hip injury”. He’s a very risky play as it is, so if you were gambling on him, I’d move on. It really is no surprise that he’s suffering from yet another injury, to be honest.
- At this link they are reporting that Cha Seung Baek left yesterday’s game “with a strained right triceps”.