Thursday games are always tricky, though that’s not groundbreaking news. Let’s take a quick look at some of the more questionable decisions for tonight’s game and try to decide who we should trust and who should be avoided:
Is Jonathan Taylor Still A Fantasy Option…
A few weeks ago it wouldn’t have been a question as to whether or not Taylor was a viable fantasy option. However things have changed in recent weeks. Just look at the numbers over the past two games:
- Jonathan Taylor – 17 carries for 49 yards and 1 TD
- Jordan Wilkins – 31 carries for 128 yards and 1 TD
You also can’t ignore Nyheim Hines, who has made an impact catching the football. That’s something that can’t be overlooked against a Tennessee defense that’s allowed 4 receiving TD to opposing running backs (one behind the league lead).
Taylor has simply been out-played, and it’s easy to envision the Colts continuing to feed the hot hand. While we can’t rule Taylor out as an option, he’s more FLEX as opposed to RB2.
Verdict – Sit ‘Em (though potential FLEX option)
Should Corey Davis Be Slotted In Lineups…
Davis had been on a great run heading into Week 9, but everything came crashing down:
- Week 7 (vs. Pit) – 6 catches (10 targets), 35 yards and 1 TD
- Week 8 (at Cin) – 8 catches (10 targets), 128 yards and 1 TD
- Week 9 (vs. Chi) – 0 catches (3 targets)
We have to remember that Davis will always be battling A.J. Brown for targets (Brown has scored at least 1 TD in five straight games), and on days when the Titans go with a ground heavy attack the opportunities will be limited. In Week 9 Ryan Tannehill only attempted 21 passes, with 9 going Brown’s way.
Considering the Colts have allowed the 10th fewest points per week to opposing wide receivers, and this becomes a situation to avoid this early in the week. While it’s possible Davis “booms”, it’s far more likely he is a bust.
Verdict – Sit ‘Em
Indianapolis Colts Start/Sit Decisions
- Philip Rivers (QB) – Sit ‘Em
- Jonathan Taylor (RB) – Sit ‘Em (FLEX consideration)
- Jordan Wilkins (RB) – Sit ‘Em
- Nyheim Hines (RB) – Sit ‘Em
- Zach Pascal (WR) – Sit ‘Em
- T.Y. Hilton (WR) – Sit ‘Em
- Michael Pittman (WR) – Sit ‘Em
Tennessee Titans Start/Sit Decisions
- Ryan Tannehill (QB) – Sit ‘Em
- Derrick Henry (RB) – Start ‘Em
- A.J. Brown (WR) – Start ‘Em
- Corey Davis (WR) – Sit ‘Em
- Jonnu Smith (TE) – Sit ‘Em
Sources – NFL.com, ESPN