The Atlanta Braves have a solid system, though with some recent graduations it may not be quite as strong as it once was. An influx of talent definitely was needed, though only one of their 2020 draft picks were able to crack our Top 10. Who was it and where does he rank? Let’s take a look:
- Christian Pache (OF, Grade – B)
- Kyle Wright (RHP, Grade – B)
- Drew Waters (OF, Grade – B)
- Ian Anderson (RHP, Grade – B)
- Kyle Muller (LHP, Grade – B-)
- Bryse Wilson (RHP, Grade – B-)
- Braden Shewmake (SS, Grade – B-)
- Jared Shoster (LHP, Grade – B-)
- William Contreras (C, Grade – C+)
- Shea Langeliers (C, Grade – C)
Why Shuster At #9?
Entering the year Shuster wasn’t expected to even be in consideration for the first round, but there were two key developments that changed things:
- His velocity increased, with reports of him reaching 97 mph on his fastball
- He suddenly found his control, after struggling with walks over his first two years
Currently a fastball/changeup pitcher, he needs to develop his breaking ball to stick in the rotation. It could come in time, but that risk continues to hang over him.
To view our entire preseason Top 10, including our reports on each prospect, click here.
Sources – MLB.com, Baseball America
Make sure to check out all of our 2020 prospect rankings: