Try not to overthink things when it comes to the kicker position and just hope that it’s not the reason why you miss the playoffs. We are also at the point in the season where watching the weather forecast is imperative. Let’s jump into the rankings:
- Josh Lambo – Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. Tampa Bay
- Harrison Butker – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. Oakland
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. San Francisco
- Greg Zuerlein – LA Rams – at Arizona
- Brett Maher – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Buffalo
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – at Atlanta
- Zane Gonzalez – Arizona Cardinals – vs. LA Rams
- Matt Gay – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Jacksonville
- Brandon McManus – Denver Broncos – vs. LA Chargers
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – vs. Chicago
- Michael Badgley – LA Chargers – at Denver
- Nick Folk – New England Patriots – at Houston
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Cleveland
- Younghoe Koo – Atlanta Falcons – vs. New Orleans
- Robbie Gould – San Francisco 49ers – at Baltimore
- Let’s start out with Josh Lambo, as we again target Tampa Bay who has allowed the most points to opposing kickers. Lambo, a Top 10 option, isn’t too bad on his own and the fact that this game will be taking place in Florida also helps. So far this season he has missed just two kicks, one field goal and one extra point, while converting 24 of the former and 13 of the latter. The fact that the Jaguars haven’t been the most explosive offense as of late also means that opportunity should be present.
- Just as the Chargers were an interesting option on Defense this week, the same can be said for Michael Badgley. The fact that Los Angeles is coming off their bye means, in this situation, Badgley has value as a streaming option with his ownership levels being decreased. Also he has been active for just three weeks so far this season, so his point totals are just not there. In that stretch he has made eight of his 10 field goal attempts, including three from beyond 40 yards, along with being perfect on his five extra points. This week he should benefit from kicking in Denver.
- Another kicker coming off bye this week, Robbie Gould, is also worth a closer look. There is some concern about how San Francisco will fare as they travel to Baltimore for an early game, but if their offense sputters that should only serve to benefit Gould. While he is a top-15 option for me, and I like him more than most, the fact that he has missed two of his four field goals from 40-49 yards and all three of attempts from beyond 50 yards (although I wouldn’t hold all the misses against him) does hold him back slightly. Those long field goals are where are the points truly are, but Gould has been perfect on his 26 extra point attempts.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: