Often overlooked, with your fantasy season hanging in the balance do you really want to lose due to your kicker? Every point counts, so let’s take a look at the top kickers for this week:
- Jason Sanders – Miami Dolphins – vs. Cincinnati
- Younghoe Koo – Atlanta Falcons – vs. New Orleans
- Rodrigo Blankenship – Indianapolis Colts – at Houston
- Daniel Carlson – Las Vegas Raiders – at New York Jets
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – at Atlanta
- Harrison Butker – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. Denver
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Washington
- Jason Myers – Seattle Seahawks – vs. New York Giants
- Graham Gano – New York Giants – at Seattle
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Dallas
- Zane Gonzalez – Arizona Cardinals – vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Dan Bailey – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Jacksonville
- Nick Folk – New England Patriots – at Los Angeles Chargers
- Tyler Bass – Buffalo Bills – at San Francisco
- Stephen Gostkowski – Tennessee Titans – vs. Cleveland
- The Cincinnati Bengals have allowed the fifth most points per week to opposing kickers, which plays well for Jason Sanders. The second best kicker this season, he’s connected on a league high 8 field goals of at least 50 yards. He’s a perfect 6-for-6 on 50+ field goals over the past four weeks, with at least one each week, and has a total of 16 field goals of 40+ yards. For this week it’s hard to point towards a better option.
- Daniel Carlson has made a living on short field goals this season, with 11 kicks under 30 yards (only Joey Slye has made more than 7). With Josh Jacobs status in question that’s a trend that could continue, though taking on the Jets does anyone expect them to get stopped short of the end zone often? The Jets have been one of the worst defenses against opposing kickers, but given what Carlson has done he may not be quite as highly ranked as you’d expect.
- There’s a good chance that the Giants can move the football, at least a little bit, but without Daniel Jones would it be surprising to see the consistently fall short? That could lead to a big game for Graham Gano, who has been one of the better kickers this season.
Sources – NFL.com, ESPN
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: