Let’s just take things one week at a time. It’s all about the match-up in front of you, maximizing the reward and minimizing the risk. At this point in the season it’s all about Week 14 and you can throw everything else out of the window. So, let’s take a look at how those options rank:
- Pittsburgh Steelers – at Arizona
- Cleveland Browns – vs. Cincinnati
- Indianapolis Colts – at Tampa Bay
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Detroit
- Green Bay Packers – vs. Washington
- Dallas Cowboys – at Chicago
- Houston Texans – vs. Denver
- Baltimore Ravens – at Buffalo
- Carolina Panthers – at Atlanta
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Indianapolis
- New York Jets – vs. Miami
- Atlanta Falcons – vs. Carolina
- Los Angeles Rams – vs. Seattle
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. Pittsburgh
- Philadelphia Eagles – vs. NY Giants
- Things couldn’t have gone much worse than they did for the Jets last week, and the Bengals still were only able to manage 22 points. Granted this match-up isn’t as attractive as it once was with Andy Dalton back under center for Cincinnati, but it’s still not an offense we should fear as the overall body of work is not very good. In fact, opposing fantasy defenses have been top-five options this season, and that sets up nicely for Cleveland this week. With 35 sacks the Browns have shown an ability to get to the quarterback at a prolific rate, and they shouldn’t have an issue continuing that trend. Cleveland is also a defense that at times has under performed based on their talent, but opponents also don’t get much better than this.
- After taking advantage of the Giants last week, this is the second straight week of a positive match-up for Green Bay. With that being said it is a little surprising the see them owned in about just 32% of ESPN leagues as of Wednesday night. While the Packers have had some struggles, they were able to hold New York to 13 points while coming up with three interceptions. That was a good sign as Green Bay has just 12 on the season, which limits their upside, but Redskins aren’t going to offer up much in the way of a challenge.
- Stream a defense against the Dolphins, it shouldn’t be a problem you say? Well last week reminded us that, regardless of what we think we know, there is no sure thing in the NFL. As Miami exploded for the victory, we were left with an Eagles defense that failed to generate any fantasy value and in some cases left owners with negative points. This week Philadelphia gets a do over as they face a Giants team with an offense that hasn’t shown itself to be that much better than Miami’s. While you are forgiven for your lack of optimism, the Eagles have to at least be on your radar against a New York offense that could feature the return of Eli Manning as Daniel Jones deals with an ankle injury. There are better options to be found, but the Eagles are still better than most.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 14 rankings: