Of all the fantasy positions kicker is the most replaceable. Let’s contradict ourselves however, as if you find a good one just hold on and don’t let go. Don’t over think match-ups and last week’s performance, just trust the skill and the track record. With that in mind let’s jump into how our options rank for this week:
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – vs. San Francisco
- Josh Lambo – Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. LA Chargers
- Matt Gay – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Indianapolis
- Greg Zuerlein – LA Rams – vs. Seattle
- Robbie Gould – San Francisco 49ers – at New Orleans
- Harrison Butker – Kansas City Chiefs – at New England
- Joey Slye – Carolina Panthers – at Atlanta
- Zane Gonzalez – Arizona Cardinals – vs. Pittsburgh
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Buffalo
- Dan Bailey – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Detroit
- Younghoe Koo – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Carolina
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Washington
- Jason Myers – Seattle Seahawks – at LA Rams
- Michael Badgley – LA Chargers – at Jacksonville
- Ka’imi Fairbairn – Houston Texans – vs. Denver
- To prove our point, once again Justin Tucker is one of the better options at the position this season and he is facing the Bills who have given up the least amount of points to opposing kickers. Tucker proves another point, not to rush to draft a kicker as he is merely a top-10 option this season and not an unquestioned stud. With all that being said he is still too good of a kicker to stray from at this point in the season, as his biggest fault is Lamar Jackson’s success. From a skills perspective Tucker hasn’t lost a step as he has missed just two kicks, one field goal from 40-49 yards and one of his 45 extra point attempts, but he only has one kick from beyond 50 yards. Perhaps if the Bills’ defense can slow Jackson some, that will change this week.
- As far as Top 10 options go Zane Gonzalez is the kicker to target if you are looking for an upgrade as he is owned in just 48% of ESPN leagues. This week the Cardinals face Pittsburgh and their tough defense, so if Arizona is going to do anything offensively it will likely come courtesy of Gonzalez’s leg. Through 12 games there are only three where Gonzalez left fantasy owners searching for more, and I would classify two of those games as “disasters”. Two of his three missed field goals came in the same week, and last week all he got to attempt was one extra point against the Rams. Despite that Gonzalez is second in the league with 26 field goals and he has missed just one extra point.
- If we want to target a positive situation, then Ka’imi Fairbairn is it as the Broncos have regularly made opposing kickers top-five options. On his own Fairbairn has been an average option as efficiency hasn’t been there on a weekly basis. He has missed five of his 35 extra point attempts while only converting on six of his 11 field goals from beyond 40 yards. The good news is that we don’t have to worry about weather in Houston as the game will be played in a dome.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 14 rankings: