Minimize the risk, look for the best match-up and just go from there. At this point there really isn’t much else you can do. Which defenses encompass those themes? Let’s take a look:
- Denver Broncos – vs. Detroit
- Pittsburgh Steelers – at NY Jets
- New England Patriots – vs. Buffalo
- Baltimore Ravens – at Cleveland
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. Arizona
- Kansas City Chiefs – at Chicago
- Indianapolis Colts – vs. Carolina
- New York Jets – vs. Pittsburgh
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. LA Rams
- New Orleans Saints – at Tennessee
- Dallas Cowboys – at Philadelphia
- Atlanta Falcons – vs. Jacksonville
- LA Rams – at San Francisco
- Carolina Panthers – at Indianapolis
- Washington Redskins – vs. NY Giants
- As far as streaming options go it’s hard to look past the Broncos. There isn’t much risk involved with going against the Lions, and with Matthew Stafford sidelined moving the ball hasn’t come easy for Detroit. It would be nice to see the Broncos with more than 10 interceptions, but their 34 sacks establish a nice pace and the offensive upside on the other side of the ball isn’t there.
- Despite being a defense worthy of a starting spot most weeks, the Chiefs are currently available in about 66% of ESPN leagues. This week the Bears travel to Kansas City for a Sunday night battle in what we also know is a difficult place to play. While Chicago has shown some punch as of late, they aren’t going to do much to generate fear in opposing defenses. That benefits the Chiefs, who despite their solid body of work aren’t what they used to be either. With 14 interceptions and seven fumble recoveries the turnover potential is there, but it’s the 39 sacks that help to move the needle.
- As far as defenses go the Colts aren’t exactly impressive, but there are worse situations to be in. Christian McCaffrey is the best running back in football, but as a whole the Panthers’ offense has struggled and now they are turning to Will Grier to make his first career start. Indianapolis is coming off an extremely rough outing in New Orleans, but the Panthers are not going to offer up that level of competition. Prior to last week the Colts had established a consistent level of production, and they should bounce right back.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 16 rankings: