Who are the best kickers to use for Week 8? Let’s take a look at how our rankings currently look:
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Pittsburgh
- Younghoe Koo – Atlanta Falcons – at Carolina
- Harrison Butker – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. New York Jets
- Rodrigo Blankenship – Indianapolis Colts – at Detroit
- Joey Slye – Carolina Panthers – vs. Atlanta
- Brandon McManus – Denver Broncos – vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – at Chicago
- Greg Zuerlein – Dallas Cowboys – at Philadelphia
- Robbie Gould – San Francisco 49ers – at Seattle
- Jason Sanders – Miami Dolphins – vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Michael Badgley – Los Angeles Chargers – at Denver
- Daniel Carlson – Las Vegas Raiders – at Cleveland
- Jason Myers – Seattle Seahawks – vs. San Francisco
- Stephen Gostkowski – Tennessee Titans – at Cincinnati
- Tyler Bass – Buffalo Bills – vs. New England
- After attempting 2 field goals or fewer in five straight games, Tyler Bass benefited from Buffalo’s offense repeatedly stalling in Week 7. He ultimately went 6-for-8, including going 4-for-5 on 40+ yard kicks. Now we have to ask if there’s any chance that Buffalo struggles like this again, this time against New England? It’s unlikely, so don’t go pushing him up your rankings.
- While Younghoe Koo didn’t attempt a field goal in Week 7 against the Lions, he had attempted at least 3 field goals in each of the previous four games. Taking on the Panthers, who have allowed 17 field goals this season, he’s got to be considered one of the best options this week.
- Stephen Gostkowski has gone 4-for-4 on field goals of 50+ yards this season, but just 6-for-12 on shorter attempts. Over his past three games he’s gone 1-for-4, and it’s getting harder and harder to believe in him.
Sources – ESPN, NFL.com
Make sure to check out all of our Week 8 rankings: