Bye weeks, injuries and difficult matchups have an impact on our decisions, though fantasy owners are much more willing to stream their defense. Who are the options that you want to target this week? Who may you want to kick to the curb because they are too risky? Let’s take a look:
- San Francisco 49ers – at Arizona
- Buffalo Bills – vs. Washington
- Carolina Panthers – vs. Tennessee
- New England Patriots – at Baltimore
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. Tampa Bay
- Cleveland Browns – at Denver
- Denver Broncos – vs. Cleveland
- Dallas Cowboys – at New York Giants
- New York Jets – at Miami
- Minnesota Vikings – at Kansas City
- Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Chicago
- Green Bay Packers – at Los Angeles Chargers
- Tennessee Titans – at Carolina
- Indianapolis Colts – at Pittsburgh
- Washington Redskins – at Buffalo
- If it weren’t for the New England Patriots the San Francisco defense would be getting a lot more respect. Obviously they haven’t been quite as good, but they’ve only allowed 69 points while racking up 27 sacks and 10 INT. Taking on an Arizona offense that is banged up in the backfield and allowed the sixth most sacks (27) there’s every reason to believe that they are going to keep things rolling.
- Speaking of the Patriots they draw a tough test against the Baltimore Ravens. Can they shutdown Lamar Jackson and his ability to make plays with his legs? There’s a little bit more risk then usual, but New England has been far too good this season. They remain one of the elite.
- The Denver Broncos are going to be leaning on Brandon Allen at quarterback this week, with Joe Flacco potentially out for the season and Drew Lock still sidelined. That alone is going to put the Cleveland Browns’ defense on radars, especially since they have generated 22 sacks (and Denver has already allowed 27). This could be the start of a strong stretch for Cleveland, with several favorable matchups, so they could be more than a streaming option with a strong performance.
- While we’ve slotted the Minnesota Vikings into our Top 10, if Patrick Mahomes is playing that’s going to change. Monitor the news, just in case you need to change your plans.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 9 rankings: